Re: Arguments for mkfs

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:23:30PM +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> I'd like to set the arguments for mke2fs (stride for LVM or hardware RAID,
> blocksize, dir_index option). It can be done only at installation time. How
> to do it?

mke2fs can be run anytime. See man page about option -R, it allows
setting stride. Some file system parameters can be altered for an
existing filesystem with tune2fs, better unmount the fs first.

Or perhaps I did not understand the question?

Tapio Lehtonen
GPG public key from http://www.iki.fi/Tapio.Lehtonen