[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#281430: marked as done ([i386] [20041114] [businesscard] Success (LVM+RAID))



Your message dated Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:06:41 +0100
with message-id <20041116060641.GO7523@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
and subject line Bug#281430: [i386] [20041114] [businesscard] Success (LVM+RAID)
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere.  Please contact me immediately.)

Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)

--------------------------------------
Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 15 Nov 2004 20:02:01 +0000
>From georg@linux.ee Mon Nov 15 12:02:01 2004
Return-path: <georg@linux.ee>
Received: from mta2.mail.neti.ee (MXR-2.estpak.ee) [194.126.101.111] 
	by spohr.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.35 1 (Debian))
	id 1CTn33-00057K-00; Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:02:01 -0800
Message-ID: <41990B30.9040108@linux.ee>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:01:52 +0200
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Joosep-Georg_J=E4rvemaa?= <georg@linux.ee>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 (Windows/20041103)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: [i386] [20041114] [businesscard] Success (LVM+RAID)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new-20030616-p10 (Debian) at neti.ee
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Delivered-To: submit@bugs.debian.org
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.60-bugs.debian.org_2004_03_25 
	(1.212-2003-09-23-exp) on spohr.debian.org
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-8.0 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_00,HAS_PACKAGE 
	autolearn=no version=2.60-bugs.debian.org_2004_03_25
X-Spam-Level: 

Package: installation-reports

Debian-installer-version: 2004-11-14 sarge-i386-businesscard.iso
uname -a: Linux k54a107-gw 2.6.8-1-686 #1 Thu Oct 7 03:15:25 EDT 2004=20
i686 GNU/Linux
Date: 2004-11-15
Method: linux26, booted from ISO as virtual CD-ROM, ftp.ee.debian.org=20
without proxy

Machine: VMware Workstaton 4.5.2 build-8848, Microsoft Windows XP=20
Professional 5.1.2600, Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel Pentium III, 500 MHz
Memory: 128 MB for virtual machine, 448 MB on physical machine
Root Device: lv0 on md2 (RAID-1 sda3+sdb3)
Root Size/partition table: md0 (sda1+sdb1) as /boot (32 MB), md1=20
(sda2+sdb2) swap (128 MB), rest as root (ca 4 GB)
Output of lspci and lspci -n:=20
http://georg.linux.ee/trouble/20041115-debian-sarge-lvm-raid/

Base System Installation Checklist:
[O] =3D OK, [E] =3D Error (please elaborate below), [ ] =3D didn't try it

Initial boot worked:    [O]
Configure network HW:   [O]
Config network:         [O]
Detect CD:              [O]
Load installer modules: [O]
Detect hard drives:     [O]
Partition hard drives:  [O]
Create file systems:    [O]
Mount partitions:       [O]
Install base system:    [O]
Install boot loader:    [O]
Reboot:                 [O]

Comments/Problems:

Why did i put boot on RAID-1 (md0 - sda1+sdb1)? Because so i don't have=20
to sync them manually.

Why did i put swap on RAID-1 (md1 - sda2+sdb2)? Because so system=20
doesn't crash if one swap disks fails.

Why did i put root on LVM (RAID1, md2 - sda3+sdb3)? Because so i have=20
possibility to reorganize it and/or add space later.

fdisk -l, cat /proc/mdstat, vgdisplay and lvdisplay output is located at=20
http://georg.linux.ee/trouble/20041115-debian-sarge-lvm-raid/

--=20
Joosep-Georg J=E4rvemaa


---------------------------------------
Received: (at 281430-done) by bugs.debian.org; 16 Nov 2004 06:53:25 +0000
>From bubulle@kheops.frmug.org Mon Nov 15 22:53:25 2004
Return-path: <bubulle@kheops.frmug.org>
Received: from onera.onera.fr [144.204.65.4] 
	by spohr.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.35 1 (Debian))
	id 1CTxDQ-0004tp-00; Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:53:25 -0800
Received: from cc-mykerinos.onera (localhost [127.0.0.1])
        by onera.onera.fr  with ESMTP id iAG6rL0t020841;
        Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:53:21 +0100 (MET)
Received: by mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org (Postfix, from userid 7426)
	id 7EE9B2329F; Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:06:41 +0100 (CET)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:06:41 +0100
From: Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
To: Joosep-Georg =?iso-8859-15?Q?J=E4rvemaa?= <georg@linux.ee>,
        281430-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#281430: [i386] [20041114] [businesscard] Success (LVM+RAID)
Message-ID: <20041116060641.GO7523@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
References: <41990B30.9040108@linux.ee>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15
Content-Disposition: inline
In-Reply-To: <41990B30.9040108@linux.ee>
X-message-flag: Outlook is a good virus spreading tool. It can send mail, too.
X-pot_a_miel: honeypot@kheops.frmug.org
User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.6+20040907i
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to quoted-printable by onera.onera.fr id iAG6rL0t020841
Delivered-To: 281430-done@bugs.debian.org
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.60-bugs.debian.org_2004_03_25 
	(1.212-2003-09-23-exp) on spohr.debian.org
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-6.0 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_00,HAS_BUG_NUMBER 
	autolearn=no version=2.60-bugs.debian.org_2004_03_25
X-Spam-Level: 

> Comments/Problems:
>=20
> Why did i put boot on RAID-1 (md0 - sda1+sdb1)? Because so i don't have=
=20
> to sync them manually.
>=20
> Why did i put swap on RAID-1 (md1 - sda2+sdb2)? Because so system=20
> doesn't crash if one swap disks fails.
>=20
> Why did i put root on LVM (RAID1, md2 - sda3+sdb3)? Because so i have=20
> possibility to reorganize it and/or add space later.
>=20
> fdisk -l, cat /proc/mdstat, vgdisplay and lvdisplay output is located a=
t=20
> http://georg.linux.ee/trouble/20041115-debian-sarge-lvm-raid/

Given that this install report is a complete success report, I do as
usual with successful install report=A0: I close the bug..:-)

This does not of course mean you weren't right to report. Knowing the
installations are correct is important for the d-i team.

Many thanks for yourtime testing the Debian Installer and reporting
your results. Have fun with your new Debian system!


PS=A0: we desperately need some Estonian translators. D-I currently does
not support the Estonian language which is too bad as we have some
(though limited) support for you Lithuanian and Latvian
neighbours. Indeed, Estonian is the only European Community language
we don't support. So, please, if you're aware of local groups involved
in localisation of free software to Estonian language, point me at
them. Or feel free to join us if you feel you can bring your own
knowledge of your language to the d-i team.




Reply to: