Bug#280627: Package: installation-reports
Debian-installer-version: sarge-i386-netinst.iso from 9-nov-2004
uname -a: Linux (none) 2.6.8-1-386
Method: Preseed file w/ network install in QEMU virtual machine.
Root Device: VM
Root Size/partition table: 5 GB VM
Output of lspci and lspci -n:
Base System Installation Checklist:
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it
Initial boot worked: [o]
Configure network HW: [o]
Config network: [o]
Detect CD: [o]
Load installer modules: [o]
Detect hard drives: [o]
Partition hard drives: [o]
Create file systems: [o]
Mount partitions: [o]
Install base system: [e]
Install boot loader: [ ]
Reboot: [ ]
Booted the CD in QEMU. On the boot prompt I typed:
* I'd like to define the language in the preseed file, not manually and
also not on the boot prompt.
* DI still asks what debian mirror to use (it lists all dutch mirrors).
I've got these settings in the preseed file:
base-config apt-setup/uri_type select ftp
base-config apt-setup/country select Netherlands
base-config apt-setup/hostname string ftp.nl.debian.org
base-config apt-setup/directory string /debian
base-config apt-setup/another boolean false
Seems that hostname is not used...
* In the preseed file, I configured: apt-setup/uri_type select ftp
Works fine, but after that, the security updates are fetched from http
instead of ftp. Because http is behind a proxy, I want to use ftp. It
should be using either apt-setup/uri_type or should have a setting in
* mdetect, read-edid are installed during installation. I don't want
this, I want a minimal installation. And I haven't even selected any
* "There was a problem installing ..." dialog came up and this got me
back in the main menu at Select and install packages. Don't know what
went wrong. What log file to look at?
* I get a setserial question during installation, i that really
critical? I don't think so.
* I get ssh questions, are the really (all) critical?
Whoever reads this, thanks for the installer work so far (preseeding is