D-I kernel remapping problem

'allo,

    I have an Ultra2 on which I currently run NetBSD.  I would like to
switch it over to Debian mainly because I am used to Debian on my
G3 PowerPC at home.

     I ran into a problem that I had run into earlier near the beginning
of October.   Here is what happens:

 ok>  boot cdrom

 [ SILO gets loaded ]

 boot:  linux
 Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000
 Loaded kernel version 2.4.27

 Remapping the kernel... FP Disabled
 ok

I was using the 2004-10-27 sparc businesscard ISO from

   http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/sparc/20041027

I have an ISO from an earlier install I had done, but even that gives
me the same problem.  I am not sure why this happens.  I wonder if
NetBSD does something to the firmware ?  I don't have a clue how to
probe about it though.  The earlier ISO's that worked for me where:

    sparc-businesscard-2004-10-11
    sparc-netinst-pre-rc2-2004-10-1

Any thoughts, suggestions, clues, pointers ?

cheers,

     mehul