Re: lvm on raid

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 02:16:24PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > Patch attached. Will submit it to the BTS shortly. I'm doing some tests with
> > qemu, but it's slooow. Would appreciate some testing by others...
>
> Wouldn't this behave badly if the user selected 0 partitions? An array
> in degraded mode of zero partitions probably won't work.. Are there any
> other lower bounds it should check to ensure that the result is a usable
> array, even if in degraded mode?

There's a loop that doesn't exit until the user has selected at least one
partition. I tested that, and it works fine. It works the same way mdcfg
currently does if the user doesn't select two partitions.

This part of my patch:

-       # Loop until the correct amount of active devices has been selected
-       while [ "${SELECTED}" -ne "${DEV_COUNT}" ]; do
+       # Loop until at least one device has been selected
+       until [ "${SELECTED}" -gt "0" -a "${SELECTED}" -le "${DEV_COUNT}" ];

regards

Andrew

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux