Re: Content of CDs / DVDs

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@o2.pl> writes:

> Is there *any* way to check what packages are available on particular CD
> without downloading iso and mounting it locally?
>
> If not (and I'm assuming that's the right answer) then what about adding
> some txt files alongside isos?

I think this would be useful as well (assuming that is indeed the
right answer :-).

> Simple list of packages shouldn't (and won't) take much space and will be
> very helpful for newbies which still ask what are all of those CDs for.

A step up from there, a simple CGI that let the user specify a few
packages they'd like to be able to install (gnome, kde, etc.) and then
be provided with a list of which disks they'll need to download to
install those packages along with all dependencies.