Localization-config and conffiles (was Re: Localization-config uploaded, 2 strings for translation)

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:21:52PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> > > I don't know about that I had the impression that it's configured
> > > elsewhere.
>
> Ok, after a short discussion on irc, i was told that this is a
> conffile, belonging to base-files and must *in no way* be touched by
> an external package. If there is dire need it might be made a plain
> config file, but this late in the release cycle, i doubt that can be
> done...

Just a note. Your links configuration (as the lynx one I have sent to the
BTS) modifies _another_ conffile (/etc/links.cfg in the links case). This
is a policy violation (a package cannot modify another's package
configuration file automatically).

Just to let you know (you might get an RC bug because of this).

Regards

Javier