Re: State of graphical installer

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:30:51AM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:27:35 -0300
> Andre Luis Lopes <andrelop@debian.org> wrote:
> > I know that Gustavo <kov@debian.org> was working on the gtk frontend
> > sometime ago. Last time I meet him personally (around a month ago) he
> > told me he was too busy to continue hacking on it.
> >
> > I'm CC'ing him just in case, anyway.
>
> I think I sent some patches to the debian-desktop mailing list. I'm
> resending them here anyway:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~kov/d-i-patches/

I think I'd rather fix the packages in question than have the
workarounds in build and the PKG_CONFIG_PATH hack in cdebconf. We're not
in an enormous hurry here, and the GNOME maintainers are pretty
responsive; better to do it properly. Also, the directfb maintainer said
on IRC that he'd be happy to remove the /usr/lib/udeblib madness once we
have a working system without it.

Cheers,