Re: Successful Installation with pre-rc2

Joerg Friedrich wrote:
> First glitch: I could not seed country/keyboard for germany. the
> append-line exceeded 256 chars and was cut :-(

What version of the installer was this? If you're using the latest
builds, the variables and their contents have been shortened. Something
like this should work, and be short enough:

languagechooser/language-name=German countrychooser/shortlist=DE console-keymaps-at/keymap=de

I'm not 100% sure of the correct values for Germany here, but it uses
country codes, and the countrychooser variable has changed.

If you're still out of room, post your append line, and I can probably find
something you can lop off of it.

> it is also not possible to put file-preseed and network-preseed into the
> initrd since they provide the same files. file-preseed is removed if
> network-preseed is installed.

It's true that they contain some files by the same names, but I don't see why
installing them both wouldn't work.. although I don't know why you're
want to, really.

> having three preseed packages which can coexist in the same initrd:
> 1. initrd-preseed: like file-preseed but does not depend on any
> cdrom-detect or mount-floppy. but it only can read files which are on
> the initrd. this would make it possible to preseed even before the
> language-chooser.

I guess that's a reasonable wishlist. File a bug on the preseed package.

--
see shy jo