Re: Sarge hangs after module params

Sounds like the machine could be hanging on PCMCIA detection.
Please try booting with parameter 'hw-detect/start_pcmcia=false'.
Sorry, tried that, along with usb and anything else I could see a likely parameter for.

Did you try both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels?
"This occurs using a beta 3 or pre rc2 netinst cd with either a 2.4 or a 2.6 kernel."-yep. :)

Next time, please try to give us the exact messages on screen just before the
hang instead of rather vague descriptions of messages.
After asking for all the module parameters I get the following screen:

[.] Detect and mount CD-ROM
Unable to load some modules
Linux Kernel modules needed to drive some of your hardware are not
available yet. Simply proceeding with the install may make these
modules available later.
The unavailable modules, and the devices that need them are: agpgart
(Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge), ide-mod
(Linux IDE driver), ide-probe-mod (Linux IDE probe driver),
ide-generic (Linux IDE support), ide-floppy (Linux IDE floppy)

I continue. The machine hangs with a blue screen.

As the module parameters are asked for I can do "lsmod" and see things getting added
I assume that means that the modules are getting loaded correctly?
The list of modules detected by the installer is:
usb-storage
floppy
via82cxxx
trm290