Installation report oldworld powermac apple 7300

Hi,

I used the images from
http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/2004-10-06/powerpc/floppy-2.4/
to install an oldworld powermac (apple 7300 with 96 MB RAM and two scsi
harddisks)

I chose the dutch language during install. The network card was
successfully detected after loading the net-drivers floppy, so the
cd-drivers floppy was not needed. I used cd-drivers the first time, and
the system hang during cdrom detection.

Detecting the cdrom drive made the system hang; not loading any
IDE-related drivers avoids this problem. The has scsi harddrives and a
scsi cdrom so IDE is not needed here anyway.

Ext3 is the default filesystem, but quik can't use it. I had to start
again from partitioning after the base install was ready.

The system rebooted successfully, although the screen was blank for some
time before the kernel started displaying boot messages

Baseconfig: Preconfigure Language specific parameters fails (i think),
it briefly displays some perl include errors.

While configuring APT, the system hangs. I was not able to softly reboot
or log in or do anything. A hard reboot did work. However, the system
now reboots continually because the boot partition was damaged

After zapping the pram (command-option-p-r) the system was unbootable,
and could only be booted using the boot floppy. I tried loading all
drivers, mounting the root filesystem and running quick but that didn't
help at all. Is there an easy way to make a boot floppy after install
that uses the right root partition etc.?

Best regards,

Wouter