Re: Re: preseed file failed to load

----Message d'origine----
>Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:01:39 -0400
>De: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
>A: underdog10@netcourrier.com
>Copie à: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
>Sujet: Re: preseed file failed to load
>
>underdog10@netcourrier.com wrote:
>> I am using the 20041004 netinst cd image.
>> I have been testing daily netinst iso for sarge.
>> I wish to use the preseed file.
>> I make my manual install once and generated it with this command line:
>>
>>    debconf-get-selections --installer > file
>>    debconf-get-selections >> file
>>
>> Then i would to replicate this installation using preseed.
>>
>> I order to test i try to put the preseed file on a http server and on a floppy with this boot prameters
>> preseed/url=http://IP/file
>> preseed/file=/floppy/file
>>
>> In both case i get a failed to load preseed file.
>> i don't undestand why since i did make any change in the preseed file. and also because if i use the console i can read file my file in both case network on local.
>>
>> Does anyone got a idea why?
>
>Your preseed file is corrupt. Send a copy of it to this list and I might
>be able to tell you why. Or try to load it with debconf-set-selections
>and look at the error messages.
>
>--
>see shy jo

I join the preseed file.

Now i don't undestand how my file could be corrupt since i did not change anything in it.

I just did  :
 -debconf-get-selections --installer > file
 -copy it to a floppy
 -and finally launch the installer

Thanks for helping
--
KaYa

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 ? TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 ? TTC/min)

# Check the integrity of another CD-ROM?
d-i        cdrom-checker/nextcd        boolean        false
# Internal use
d-i        debian-installer/consoledisplay        string        kbd=lat0-sun16(iso15)
# kernel needs a link in /boot/ (linux only)
d-i        debian-installer/kernel/linux/link_in_boot        boolean        false
# Internal use
d-i        debian-installer/fallbacklocale        string        en_US
# Active devices for the RAID0 multidisk device:
d-i        mdcfg/raid0devs        multiselect
# Auto-configure network with DHCP?
d-i        netcfg/use_dhcp        boolean        true
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/check_failed        boolean
# Partitioning scheme:
d-i        partman-auto/choose_recipe        select
# Logical volume name:
d-i        lvmcfg/lvcreate_name        string
# Write the changes to disk devices and copy the data?
d-i        partman-partitioning/confirm_copy        boolean
# Hostname:
d-i        netcfg/get_hostname        string        pc041491
# Is this information correct?
d-i        netcfg/confirm_static        boolean        true
# For internal use (Is a serial console in use?)
d-i        debian-installer/serial-console        boolean        false
# Keymap to use:
d-i        console-keymaps-at/keymap        select        fr-latin9
# Multidisk device type:
d-i        mdcfg/createmain        select
# Please choose the mountpoint for this partition
d-i        partman-jfs/mountpoint        select
#
d-i        partman/exception_handler        select
# Do you want to resume partitioning?
d-i        partman-target/mount_failed        boolean
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-ext3/mountpoint_manual        string        /opt
# expert recipe
d-i        partman-auto/expert_recipe        string
# How to use this partition:
d-i        partman-target/choose_method        select        ext3 journalling file system
# Driver needed by your Ethernet card:
d-i        ethdetect/module_select        select        no ethernet card
# Mount options:
d-i        partman-reiserfs/options        multiselect
# Choose an installation step:
d-i        debian-installer/missing-provide        select        ${DEFAULT}
# Check CD-ROM integrity?
d-i        cdrom-checker/start        boolean        false
# New partition size:
d-i        partman-partitioning/new_partition_size        string        some number
# Display again already asked questions
d-i        debconf/showold        boolean        false
# Type of keyboard:
d-i        console-tools/archs        select        PC-style (AT or PS-2 connector) keyboard
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-ext3/mountpoint        select        Enter manually
# Logical volume:
d-i        lvmcfg/lvdelete_lvnames        select
# Continue with partitioning?
d-i        partman/unsupported_label        boolean        false
# New partition size:
d-i        partman-partitioning/new_size        string        some number
# Wireless ESSID for :
d-i        netcfg/wireless_essid        string
# Spare devices for the RAID1 multidisk device:
d-i        mdcfg/raid1sparedevs        multiselect
# Keymap to use for a USB keyboard:
d-i        console-keymaps-usb/keymap        select        mac-usb-us
# PCMCIA resource range options:
d-i        hw-detect/pcmcia_resources        string
# Mount options:
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/fatoptions        multiselect
# Prompt for module parameters?
d-i        hw-detect/prompt_module_params        boolean        false
# Internal use
d-i        debconf/language        string        en_GB:en_US:en
# Name server addresses:
d-i        netcfg/get_nameservers        string        134.227.2.251
# dummy template for preseeding unavailable questions
d-i        debian-installer/dummy        string
# Primary network interface:
d-i        netcfg/choose_interface        select        eth0: BROADCOM Corporation NetXtreme BCM5703X
Gigabit Ethernet
# default kernel image
d-i        debian-installer/kernel/image        string        kernel-image-2.6.7-1-386
# Device to remove from volume group:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgreduce_parts        select
# Devices to add to the volume group:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgextend_parts        multiselect
# Abort the partitioning and specify the next step?
d-i        partman/confirm_abort        boolean        false
# Cannot read floppy, or not a driver floppy. Retry?
d-i        retriever/floppy/error        boolean        true
# Volume group name:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgcreate_name        string
# Debian version to install:
d-i        mirror/suite        select        testing
# kernel needs an initrd (linux 2.6 only)
d-i        debian-installer/kernel/linux/initrd-2.6        boolean        true
# How to use this free space:
d-i        partman/free_space        select
# Network configuration method:
d-i        netcfg/dhcp_options        select        Configure network manually
# Choose the next step in the install process:
d-i        debian-installer/main-menu        select        Finish the installation
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-xfs/mountpoint_manual        string
# Choose a country, territory or area:
d-i        countrychooser/country-name-shortlist        select        United States
# Retriever to use:
d-i        anna/retriever        select        cdrom-retriever
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/mountpoint_manual        string
# Point-to-point address:
d-i        netcfg/get_pointopoint        string
# Keep current partition layout and configure LVM?
d-i        partman-lvm/confirm_nochanges        boolean        false
# enable frame buffer console on boot
d-i        debian-installer/framebuffer        boolean        true
# Volume group to delete:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgdelete_names        select
# Location for the new partition:
d-i        partman-partitioning/new_partition_place        select
# Ignore questions with a priority less than...
d-i        debconf/priority        select        high
# Load network drivers from a driver floppy?
d-i        ethdetect/load_floppy        boolean        false
# LILO installation failed
d-i        lilo-installer/failed
# kernel commandline
d-i        debian-installer/kernel/commandline        string        ro
# Start PC card services?
d-i        hw-detect/start_pcmcia        boolean        true
# Multidisk configuration actions
d-i        mdcfg/mainmenu        select
# default kernel image (2.6)
d-i        debian-installer/kernel/image-2.6        string        kernel-image-2.6.5-1-386
# DHCP hostname:
d-i        netcfg/dhcp_hostname        string
# Do you want to return to the partitioning menu?
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/no_mount_point        boolean
# Really delete the volume group?
d-i        lvmcfg/vgdelete_confirm        boolean        true
# Type for the new partition:
d-i        partman-partitioning/new_partition_type        select
# This is an overview of your currently configured partitions and mount points.
Select a partition to modify its settings (file system, mount point, etc.), a
free space to create partitions, or a device to initialise its partition table.
d-i        partman/choose_partition        select        Finish partitioning and write changes to
disk
# WEP key for wireless device :
d-i        netcfg/wireless_wep        string
# always halt the machine
d-i        debian-installer/exit/always_halt        boolean        false
# Do you want to return to the partitioning menu?
d-i        partman-xfs/no_mount_point        boolean
# Write the changes to disks?
d-i        partman/confirm        boolean        true
d-i        partman-xfs/check_failed        boolean
# Multidisk device to be deleted:
d-i        mdcfg/deletemenu        select
# Device for boot loader installation:
d-i        grub-installer/bootdev        string
# Please choose the mountpoint for this partition
d-i        partman-xfs/mountpoint        select
# IP address:
d-i        netcfg/get_ipaddress        string        134.227.48.53
# Continue without a default route?
d-i        netcfg/no_default_route        boolean
# GRUB installation failed.  Continue anyway?
d-i        grub-installer/apt-install-failed        boolean        yes
# Flags for the new partition:
d-i        partman-partitioning/set_flags        multiselect
# Internal use
d-i        languagechooser/locale        string        en
# Continue with the installation?
d-i        partman/confirm_nochanges        boolean        false
# Please choose the mountpoint for this partition
d-i        partman-reiserfs/mountpoint        select
# Write the changes to the storage devices and configure RAID?
d-i        partman-md/confirm        boolean        false
# Choose a language:
d-i        languagechooser/language-name        select        English
# Use unrecommended JFS /boot filesystem?
d-i        partman-jfs/jfs_boot        boolean        false
# Proceed with installation to unclean target?
d-i        base-installer/use_unclean_target        boolean        false
# sub architecture
d-i        debian-installer/kernel/subarchitecture        string        generic
d-i        partman-basicmethods/method_only        boolean
# Try again to mount the CD-ROM?
d-i        cdrom-detect/retry        boolean        true
# Write the changes to disk and resize the partition?
d-i        partman-partitioning/confirm_resize        boolean
# Partition settings:
d-i        partman/active_partition        select        Done setting up the partition
# Domain name:
d-i        netcfg/get_domain        string        cnca.credit-agricole.fr
# Module needed for accessing the CD-ROM:
d-i        cdrom-detect/cdrom_module        select        none
# Use unrecommended XFS root filesystem?
d-i        partman-xfs/xfs_root        boolean        false
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-jfs/mountpoint_manual        string
# Volume group:
d-i        lvmcfg/lvdelete_vgnames        select
# LVM configuration action:
d-i        lvmcfg/mainmenu        select
# Install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record?
d-i        grub-installer/with_other_os        boolean        true
# Mount options:
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/options        multiselect
# Choose a country, territory or area:
d-i        countrychooser/country-name        select        United States
# Create new empty partition table on this device?
d-i        partman/confirm_new_label        boolean        false
# Volume group to reduce:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgreduce_names        select
# Internal use
d-i        debian-installer/language        string        en_GB:en_US:en
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/swap_check_failed        boolean
# Label for the file system in this partition:
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/choose_label        string
d-i        partman-reiserfs/check_failed        boolean
# Failed to copy file from CDROM. Retry?
d-i        retriever/cdrom/error        boolean        true
# Do you want to return to the partitioning menu?
d-i        partman-reiserfs/no_mount_point        boolean
# Do you want to return to the partitioning menu?
d-i        partman-jfs/no_mount_point        boolean
# Internal use
d-i        debian-installer/country        string        US
# Kernel to install:
d-i        base-installer/kernel/which-kernel        select        kernel-image-2.6.7-1-386
# What to do with this device:
d-i        partman/storage_device        select
# Activate existing volume groups?
d-i        lvmcfg/activevg        boolean        true
# Partitioning method:
d-i        partman-auto/init_automatically_partition        select        Manually edit partition
table
# Write the changes to disks and configure LVM?
d-i        partman-lvm/confirm        boolean        false
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-reiserfs/mountpoint_manual        string
# Device file for accessing the CD-ROM:
d-i        cdrom-detect/cdrom_device        string        /dev/cdroms/cdrom0
# kernel needs an initrd (linux only)
d-i        debian-installer/kernel/linux/initrd        boolean        true
# internal use only
d-i        netcfg/disable_dhcp        boolean        false
# Devices for the new volume group:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgcreate_parts        multiselect
# Number of active devices for the RAID1 array:
d-i        mdcfg/raid1devcount        string
# Active devices for the RAID1 multidisk device:
d-i        mdcfg/raid1devs        multiselect
# Volume group:
d-i        lvmcfg/lvcreate_vgnames        select
# probe for usb devices?
d-i        debian-installer/probe/usb        boolean        true
# Logical volume size:
d-i        lvmcfg/lvcreate_size        string
# Are you sure you want to exit now?
d-i        di-utils-reboot/really_reboot        boolean        false
# Frontend to use
d-i        debconf/frontend        string        newt
# Load CD-ROM drivers from a driver floppy?
d-i        cdrom-detect/load_floppy        boolean        true
# Use unrecommended JFS root filesystem?
d-i        partman-jfs/jfs_root        boolean        false
# halt the machine
d-i        debian-installer/exit/halt        boolean        false
# Partition table type:
d-i        partman-partitioning/choose_label        select
# Additional parameters for module :
d-i        ethdetect/retry_params        string
# Would you like to make this partition active?
d-i        lilo-installer/activate-part        boolean        true
# LILO installation target:
d-i        lilo-installer/bootdev        select        /dev/cciss/c0d0: Master Boot Record
d-i        partman-jfs/check_failed        boolean
# Source partition:
d-i        partman-partitioning/source_partition        select
# Do you want to return to the partitioning menu?
d-i        partman-ext3/no_mount_point        boolean
# Really delete this multidisk device?
d-i        mdcfg/deleteverify        boolean        false
# File system for this partition:
d-i        partman-target/choose_filesystem        select
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/mountpoint        select
# Installer components to load:
d-i        anna/choose_modules        multiselect
# Mount point for this partition:
d-i        partman-basicfilesystems/fat_mountpoint        select
# Manually select a CD-ROM module and device?
d-i        cdrom-detect/manual_config        boolean        true
# Mount options:
d-i        partman-ext3/options        multiselect
# Use unrecommended XFS /boot filesystem?
d-i        partman-xfs/xfs_boot        boolean        false
# LILO installation target:
d-i        lilo-installer/manual_bootdev        string
# Write a new empty partition table?
d-i        partman/confirm_write_new_label        boolean        false
# For internal use (keyboard chosen by user)
d-i        debian-installer/keymap        select        fr-latin9
d-i        partman-ext3/check_failed        boolean
# dummy template for preseeding unavailable questions
unknown        preseed/url        string        http://134.227.144.194/my/file
# Additional parameters for module :
d-i        hw-detect/module_params        string
# Volume groups configuration action:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgmenu        select
# Really use software RAID?
d-i        partman-md/md_root_boot        boolean        false
# Disk space to partition:
d-i        partman-auto/automatically_partition        select        Manually edit partition table
# Modules to load:
d-i        hw-detect/select_modules        multiselect
# Mount options:
d-i        partman-xfs/options        multiselect
# Volume group to extend:
d-i        lvmcfg/vgextend_names        select
# Logical volumes configuration action:
d-i        lvmcfg/lvmenu        select
# Continue with partitioning?
d-i        partman/unknown_label        boolean        true
# Select your floppy device:
d-i        retriever/floppy/device        select
# Install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record?
d-i        grub-installer/only_debian        boolean        false
# Partition name:
d-i        partman-partitioning/set_name        string
# File system for the new partition:
d-i        partman-partitioning/new_partition_fs        select
# Internal use
d-i        debian-installer/locale        string        en_US
# Mount options:
d-i        partman-jfs/options        multiselect
# Gateway:
d-i        netcfg/get_gateway        string        134.227.48.253
# Number of spare devices for the RAID1 array:
d-i        mdcfg/raid1sparecount        string
# LILO installation failed.  Continue anyway?
d-i        lilo-installer/apt-install-failed        boolean        yes
# Netmask:
d-i        netcfg/get_netmask        string        255.255.255.0
# Really use LVM?
d-i        partman-lvm/lvm_root_boot        boolean        false
# Wireless network kind:
d-i        netcfg/wireless_adhoc_managed        select        Infrastructure (Managed) network