Re: SATA don't inicialize

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:31:12 -0400, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Panquekas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using an SATA drive since the beginning of the debian-installer
> > beta which was not supported yet, but I now tried to install one more
> > time in the SATA drive and I'm not having much more solution.. but now
> > it supports my controller of SATA but when I'm installing my system I
> > can't because the module it's not inicialized in the 1º stage of
> > installer then I can't install the base system..
>
> What do you mean when you say that the module is not initialiased?
>
> --
> see shy jo

It says:
"Linux Kernel modules needed to drive some of your hardware are not
available yet. Simply proceeding with the install may make these
modules available later.

the unvailable modules, and the devices that need them are: i810-tco
(Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Bridge), e100 (Intel
Corporation 82562EZ 10/100 Ethernet Controller), ide-mod (Linux IDE
driver), ide-probe-mod (Linux IDE probe driver), ide-detect (Linux IDE
detection), ide-floppy (Linux IDE floppy)"

And I can't use my hard drive :\ it's not a good thing.. because I use
debian more then an year and I never had problem's! Just in the
beginning in the old installer! but it was user problem not the distro
:)

Thnk for answers!