unable to auto-partition with debconf preseed

Hi all,

 I've been trying to complete a hands-free install using a debconf preseed
and run into a problem with disk partitioning.  I've tried using the
preseed templates from
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-installer/installer/doc/manual/en/install-methods/example-preseed.xml
and
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch04s07.html#automatic-install
Specifically, the parts which seem to apply are:

  d-i     partman-auto/disk       string /dev/discs/disc0/disc
  d-i     partman-auto/choose_recipe      select All files in one partition (recommendedfor new users)
  d-i     partman/choose_partition        select Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
  d-i     partman/confirm                 boolean true

I've also played around with the other examples, including the provided
"expert_recipe" without luck.  Each attempt gets me an error message: "No
root file system is defined".  Is it possible to get this to work?  All I
want (for now) is a swap and root partition (and possibly boot).  If so,
what is the correct set of entries needed in my preseed file?

I'm using the netinst image from
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/current/ dated
Sep 28.

Thanks for any help,

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA