Re: Doubt about svn commits

Hi,

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> escreveu em Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:18:55 -0400:

> Gleydson Mazioli da Silva wrote:
> > I've worked with cvs for a long time, and all my changes have been commited using "svn ci file" and
> > "svn ci directory" (where are a lot o files translated inside directory). But after I've done all commit of
> > all stuff, I've seen that svn repository don't get updated with my commit.
>
> svn ci will only send a file or directory to the repository if you've
> first used svn add to add it.

Yep, I've done that in the same way like "cvs" for every added file. But the added files *already* was
on the svn repository before I've done the svn ci on these (it was just a translation update). I'm using
cvs for five years before to use svn, the commands look no much different for user view :)

> > Is another branch on svn server at svn.debian.org to get new commits and (only) after that, go to
> > the main svn debian-installer tree?
>
> No, commits to go to the main tree. I see that you've successfully added
> the following files:
>
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/boot-new.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/apt.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/install.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/mta.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/packages.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/ppp.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/shadow.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/boot-new/modules/timezone.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/howto/
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/howto/installation-howto.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/mips/colo-installer.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/mips/delo-installer.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/cdrom-checker.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/lowmem.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/lvmcfg.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/mdcfg.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/nobootloader.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/os-prober.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/partman.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/mipsel/
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/mipsel/colo-installer.xml
>    trunk/installer/doc/manual/pt_BR/using-d-i/modules/mipsel/delo-installer.xml

Yep, these were added relly. I've also talked in private with Francis Pop on IRC and
he also don't have idea about what happened on my files. We come to conclusion
which I really would need to translate the other files again, and the second translation
will be better than the one ;-)

Thanks Joey!

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva
gleydson@debian.org