Re: to French and non US Debian users

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 02:17:55PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> On Monday 27 September 2004 09:09, Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> > Hello, I hope that my report will help; I believe it is important, if I
> > have not mistaken, because I am afraid that a lot of French (and PC
> > azerty users) of the new Debian installer won't be able to log in their
> > new Debian desktop. See the comment of my installation.
>
> I have forwarded this installation report to the BTS and have set Jo as the
> owner of that bugreport.
> See: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=273623
>
> I have also reassigned the report to package debian-installer as I think not
> being able to login after the installation if you choose to install the
> desktop task should be counted as an important bug.
>
> Jo: next time please send the installation report to submit@bugs.debian.org
> with "Package: installation-reports" as the first line in the body.
> Thank you for your comments.

I believe that what is involved here is the missing localization-config,
which doesn't set the X configuration option to fr instead of us, and don't
even asks keyboard questions at the default priority of high which is used
here.

I believe this bug to be of RC quality, and would hope even to have the
subarch keymap solved by the same time. Konstantinos, did you make any
progress on it, is there something i could test ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther