Re: linux

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 08:40:29AM -0700, MUTUMBA FAISAL wrote:

>   am curious about linux but there is one thing i have failed to find,
> can you please give me some examples of linux-installers.and what do they
> mean by linux installer?.

I think they mean program(s) which allow to install Linux system.
For Debian examples are both boot-floppies (former installer system) and
debian-installer (brand new solution).

There are plenty of installers. Almost every distribution has its own
installer. Other  examples are: anaconda (from RedHat if I remember
correctly), sipb (Athena distribution).

I'm sure there are many more, but they're called
<distribution-name>-installer mostly.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska