Re: newt and slang issues

Quoting Alastair McKinstry (mckinstry@computer.org):
> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded to sid packages to fix the slang crashes
> (patch thanks to Bastian) and the newt Bulgarian translation.
> (don't know what your FTBFS issue was - I couldn't
> reproduce).

That's fine. It may be related to my system. If you couldn't
reproduce, this is a good sign....and anyway, autobuilders will reveal
potential FTBFS.

I found this "bug" while preparing a possible NMU for the l10n in case
you would have been too busy for that.

As, you were able to re-build with the Bulgarian translation, that's
OK.

However, haven't you received the zh_TW translation as well?

> Incidentally, I've a new bug in iso-codes asking
> for the common name of F.Y.R. Macedonia to be changed to
> "Macedonia". I think I'll leave that to post-sarge ...

This is a consequence of a discussion I had with the Macedonian group
who could possibly work on Macedonian translations.

It looks like there's a quite strong feeling among Macedonian people
(at least those who care about Free Software) against what we
currently have in iso-codes.

I wrote them that this issue first needs to be raised before we (the
Debian community) can decide what is most appropriate. This is why you
got the bug report...(which I will find as well as I'm subscribed to
the PTS).

Leaving this post-sarge may hurt the MK people. So, if you have the
opportunity of modifying iso-codes, that would be fine. This would
avoid some "hey, *they* released sarge with the offensive name"
reactions...