Several packages should be changed from Standard to Optional for Sarge

Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: important
Tags: sarge d-i

There are several libraries that are currently priority standard although
they have been obsoleted by newer versions.

Having these priority standard means that they will be installed on any
system newly installed using Debian Installer, but will probably never be
used.
I propose that the priority for these packages be changed to optional
_before_ the Sarge release.

AFAICT, for i386 this is true for the following libraries:
- libdb2, libdb4.0
  (libdb3 and 4.2 are heavily used; libdb4.1 is only used by vacation)
- libgnutils7, libgnutils10
- libcrypt7, libcrypt1
- libopencdk4

The same is true for ipchains, which has been obsoleted by iptables for both
the current 2.4 and the 2.6 kernels.

Also, it could be argued that vacation should be made optional as
bsdmainutils only suggests it. In that case libdb4.1 could also be changed
to optional.

I guess the same could be true for other architectures, but I have not
investigated those.

(See also http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=272406.)