Re: plans for d-i rc2 (and Oldenburg meeting)

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 04:13:13PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> On Saturday 18 September 2004 02:07, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Which alternative is better, I leave up to you -- and the timetables of
> > the release managers.
>
> My feeling is we should focus on the release, not new features.
> Having a new 'unofficial' release to sarge without string freeze sounds like
> a good idea. For one thing, this would get broader testing of the new
> kernels. The idea of doing that straight after Oldenburg sounds good.
> IMHO, after that we should really focus on bugfixes and finalizing
> translations and not do any more other changes until RC2 is out.
>
> For Oldenburg I would propose to work on the major problems that are still
> there (like old-world Mac's, the boot-2 floppy) and on preparing the

Yep, oldworld miboot floppies is my personal goal for Oldenbourg. If someone
would be so nice and dissassemble me the miboot boot sector, and try to
decrypt the rom calls made in it, we could even clean-room reimplement it, and
thus move miboot to contrib, and try building it with gcc instead of
codewarrior, then it could even go to main.

Friendly,

Sven Luther