Re: sparc32 2.6 netboot.img too large

Geert Stappers wrote:
The 2.6 kernel netboot image I build for sparc32
is larger then 270,000,000 bytes.

It's fixed but not uploaded pending a possible fix for udiv versioning that mistakenly taints the kernel. The problem is that we don't use the btfix'd System.map and the position of the _end symbol is wrong. The netboot image is really a sparse file.

Not that the image actually works, in the end. esp goes haywire during the base system install and I need a second serial console or something to track what is going on.

And could you please stop poking holes in sparc stuff, which coincidentally turned out to be in a huge state of flux when you started chiming in with your relentless questions? I'll tell you when everything should be stable...

I mean, I am definitely welcoming comaintenance, but you have to be wildly familiar with all the shortcomings of d-i on sparc now.

--
Joshua Kwan