Re: LVM on top of RAID. Not possible?

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:37:26PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:

[snip]

> The installation needed some manual hack to pvcreate a PV with /dev/md/1
> (which, BTW, became /dev/md1 after reboot !!).

This would have been because the installer uses devfs, but does not install
devfsd or enable devfs in the installed system.

[snip]

> Am i missing something or we are releasing Sarge so that we cannot create
> LVM disks on top of RAID?

I've done it (a while ago). I had to do the hackery described by someone
else in an email to this list (sorry, I can't recall the details, you'll
need to go searching).

regards

Andrew

--