[D-I Manual] Status of the manual and translations
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: [D-I Manual] Status of the manual and translations
- From: Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:01:42 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hello writers and translators,
As you may have seen, the webpage for the d-i manual  has been changed.
Because we are getting closer to the official release of d-i for Sarge, I
feel it is important that information presented to users should be
So, even if you do not do any new translations, please try to keep up-to-date
with changes in the original English version (see also ).
A table showing languages that are clearly out-of-date is appended below.
With this in mind, I have created a separate table on  with only the i386
version of the translation for some languages. These builds are mainly for
the translators themselves (for checking the results of their work).
If you would like your translation moved back to the main table, please
There are still some sections that refer to the Woody release and need to be
removed or updated to Sarge. I will be attending the d-i meeting in Oldenburg
 next week and plan to do some work there (hopefully with the help of Joeh
I am thinking of moving the ./module directory to ./using-d-i/modules for all
languages. I feel this would be more consistent with ./boot-new/modules.
I will probably do this next Wednesday.
If you have any comments on this, please let me know.
Creating PDF's for the manual is still an issue that needs solving. Currently
it is only possible using non-free packages and the result is far from
OUT OF DATE TRANSLATIONS
Last commit to SVN for selected languages:
eu r17311 pi-guest Tue, 29 Jun 2004
it r17264 sc-guest Mon, 28 Jun 2004
de r16648 wosman-guest Sun, 06 Jun 2004
el r14483 galaxico-guest Wed, 28 Apr 2004
Note: The Danish translation has been removed completely on request from it's
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----