Re: Missing some options in Tasksel

Pradeeper wrote:
> Don't know whom to inform , thought Debian Install team is the proper
> one as http://packages.debian.org/testing/base/tasksel.html
>
> Ok! problem is,
> when I run tasksel, it wont give "X windows" or "Desktop Environment"
> options which gave previously.
> Why is that? I asked same question in "Debian User list" and "Debian
> Testing" and didn't get a answer...

The X task was removed because most people who want the X environment
with a custom window manager or other setup will be happy to manually
select the packages they want, and the x-window-system package exists to
ease that process.

The desktop task was temporarily unavailable in testing due to
meta-kde's temporary removal from testing. This was resolved the other
day when meta-kde went back in, and the desktop task worked for me
yesterday.

--
see shy jo