requesting help for vmware linux woody hard disk problem

Hi,

I am a beginner for debian. I want to boot debian woody to my laptop
which has windows xp by using WMware virtual situation. I create a 128
MB RAM,
1CD-ROM, 1 HDD, 1 Floppy machine.

When insert the bootable woody package which i got from vendors it
works. However i cant go further when the console says there is no
hard disk, please be sure the cables are connected....

I introduce the hdd from the wmware setup. But debian can't see it.

I would be glad if say what should i do?
Best Reagards,

--
Mehmet A. Karaca