RE: How to install without parted?

Yes, indeed.

> I can give you instructions though, it is quite easy.
>
> # apt-get install debootstrap
> # debootstrap sid /path/to/your/chroot
> # mount -t proc proc /path/to/your/chroot/proc
> # chroot /path/to/your/chroot
>
> And there you are rocking in a sid chroot, you can install
> stuff normally with apt-get install, in particular you would
> install subversion, checkout the d-i tree, go into
> d-i/installer/build, and follow the instructions for building
> d-i images.
>
> Getting the new libparted and corresponding partman in the
> initrd is a bit more involved though.

...and since I am quite unexperienced with that kind of things (I
consider myself still more a Linux user with some limited administrator
skills, though that should improve in the months to come), it would take
me at least the rest of the day to do it.
And as I am on vacation next week, I have some things to finish today...
IF some friendly soul builds a d-i image with the new parted, I am
willing to try it out as soon as I can download it (I will check my
eMail from home from time to time).

Best regards,

Matthias