Re: multiple report templates

Matt Taggart wrote:
> I want to be able to submit proper installation report details. However, there
> are multiple differing installation report templates,
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#problem-report
>
> The latter also claims that reportbug knows to do the right thing but looking
> at reportbug I'm not so sure.
>
> Can one template be agreed on and these be made consistant?
>
> I would have filed this as a bug but there's no obvious(for me at least)
> package to file it against. If you know where is should go please submit it.

The one in the install manual is, like much of the install manual, a
relic from the boot floppies. I've corrected it. In the meantime, use
the one on the web site. Perhaps eventually that one can just point to
the one in the install manual. You missed the version of the template in
an installed /boot BTW. And no, reportbug does not handle it, though
it'd be nice if it would.

--
see shy jo