Re: [coLinux-devel] Re: debian (sarge rc1) installer and colinux (snapshot 20040710)

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 16:16, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> I guess these means the debian installer would have to be content to see
> some block devices on which to build a file system and not insist so
> intently on there being a partition table available

This would be the right answer for FBA under Linux on S/390 and zSeries,
I think.  Or at least, *a* right answer (not sure whether fdasd will be
extended to deal with FBA, or what, but with z/VM 5.1 being released
Real Soon Now (possibly last Tuesday, actually), we'd (meaning,
Linux/390 developers and IBM Boebligen) better come up with something,
since it presents FCP-attached-SCSI storage as FBA to z/VM and Linux
guests under z/VM).

Adam