Re: overheating problems

Marcos Pinto wrote:
i had trouble trying to install debian using d-i rc1 on a compaq
presario 3017US laptop.  the problem i kept having is that my laptop
overheats and shuts down before the installation is finished.  to
install it, i kept my laptop in the freezer.  after installing i
installed acpid and everything was fine from then on.  is it likely
that acpid will become part of the installer before it goes gold?

I am not sure if I had the same problems on my asus m6n laptop, but it kept freezing halfway through. Passing some option like noacpi or something fixed it.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com