Re: Backup repository while Alioth is down?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Alioth is down since the beginning of the evening of last
> Thursday. It's Saturday morning here now an it is still down.
>
> We're losing lots of developers work power because of this and the
> development is stucked.
>
> As I haven't read any statement from Alioth admins (maybe looking at
> the wrong place, no idea), I have no idea about when the server will
> come up.
>
> Isn't it time for thinking about a replacement repository or does
> someone have news about alioth's future?

My daily repository backups from alioth were unfortunatly broken and the
last I have is unfortunatly from Jul 30th, which is not very useful. If
someone has a more recent repository snapshot, we could look at setting
up such a server, if not though it would likely cause more bother than
it's worth unless alioth will be down for an absurdly long time.

--
see shy jo