m68k images, opinions please

First thing, I don't want to break m68k building, so any changes might
well not make sarge. That said ....

Currently m68k generates 14 initrd's arranged by subarch, except for
cdrom and cdrom22 (see [0]).

I pretty much like the arrangement, everybody shares cdrom images and
you look in your subarch's directory for everything else (and thus
ignore everyone else's junk).

But 14 initrd's take a while to build on m68k hardware and I plan to add
more. It seems that most of the build time comes from building the
trees.

If we instead look at how many separate trees are actually needed, there
would be five. All the 2.2 kernel stuff looks just like 2.4 stuff in the
tree except for /lib/modules (which turns out to be minimal). The
images only differ in actual image generation (same for floppy). I could
now add q40 without building a new initrd, for instance.

	cdrom		- all subarchs
	  cdrom22	- all subarchs, 2.2 kernel
	hd-media	- amiga, atari (not currently built)
	  hd-media22	- mac
	nativehd	- amiga, atari
	  nativehd22	- mac (atari?)
	floppy
	  atari
	  bvme6000
	  mvme147
	  mvme16x
	netboot		- all vme

The only cost in size is /lib/modules and keymaps. The build system
would also have to change to accommodate building multiple initrds out
of one tree (how to do change the makefile to do that doesn't seem
obvious to me).

So do I go with the an image-based layout? I like the way it looks,
but users will have to be in different directories to download the
pieces. What other problems am I getting into?

	cdrom/
		bvme6000-boot.img.gz
		initrd.gz
		initrd22.gz