Re: new oldworld pmac miboot 2.6 floppies, root size should be ok, net_drivers still too big, please test.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:34:48PM +0200, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> After reading that your mac booted from boot.img, I tried that one
> and with a little more success. After loading the kernel, the system
> switched to text mode and asked for the root floppy. I inserted root.img
> and it loaded for a while, but the end result was something along the
> following lines:

Well, the daily root.bin turned out to contain an emtpty file system, so
no wonder the installer didn't start.

So, I tried using the rc1 root.img which I modified manually by removing
all translations from the debconf templates to make the image smaller,
and I was able to start the installer.

The bad news is that not only the daily root.img is bad, also
cd-drivers.img and net-drivers.img are corrupt; you can't even mount
them. So I tried to load drivers from the rc1 floppies, and that sort of
worked -- I successfully loaded some drivers, but neither the cdrom nor
the network card were detected :-(

So I'll wait for the next build, and I hope that new root and
drivers images will work better.

Wouter