Need a way for repeated choices in "select" questions

Package: debconf,cdebconf

The questions with type "select" are not supposed to be used in the way
partman uses it.  They doesn't allow to choose among repeated entries.
This causes problems when two partitions are so similar that partman
prints two equal lines for them - typicaly two partitions with same
size and same number on two disks with equal geometry or RAID or LVM
volumes.

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 04:29:17PM -0300, Joey Hess wrote:

> I thought I had seen more recent reports of #241785.
>
> Have you seen #263046? I don't know if it's the same bug, but it's
> similar.

Finaly I understand what happens.  I am afraid that all ways to fix this
bug will uglyfy the main screen of partman:

IDE1 master - Seagate U Series 40810 (40.0 GB)
   hda3 primary    2.1 GB B F ext3       /usr
a       pri/log    4.4 GB     FREE SPACE
   hda6 logical    3.6 GB
   hda5 logical   10.0 GB     ext3
   hda8 logical   19.9 GB   K ext2       /home
IDE2 master - Maxtor 6Y4L0 (14.4 GB)
   hdc5 logical   10.0 GB     ext3
b       pri/log    4.4 GB     FREE SPACE
LVM VG probgr, LV home - 4.2 MB
   probgr/home     4.2 MB     reiserfs

Without this the lines for hda5 and hdc5 will be equal as well as the
lines for the free spaces.

Anton Zinoviev