Re: pathologically unstable kernel in sarge

> > Let me start at the begining - I burned the rc1 cd netinstall candidate
> > for sarge on 6/21/04
>
> I doubt it, that was not released until this Saturday.

Ok - let me rephrase: I burned whatever was the most stable official cd
net-install image for sarge at the time.

> Check to see if hotplug or discover are loading a -tco module, such as
> i180-tco. These are hardware watchdogs and will reboot your machine.

How does one determine this, and how does one prevent it?  Moreover, why
would these hardware watchdogs feel the need to incessantly reboot my
machine?  Isn't that a bug too?  (you're probably right - I can't
imagine a kernel that unstable would even end up in "testing")

Also, I noticed that the new kernel/install puts my tty console into a
very unwholesome mode.  It would be nice if it would just leave it at
the standard 25 x 80.

thanks,
- martin