sarge-ia64-netinst (July 24) installation attempt and failure on DL590/64

Hi!  I am not sure if this is the proper list or the correct format.
Any tips on doing this right will be appreciated!

I finally got around to trying the Sarge netinst ISO that I downloaded
July 24.  I made a list of the problems I discovered:

partitioner created ext3 partitions but kernel only supports ext2.
partitioner did not create a FAT partition for elilo.
partitioner cannot create a FAT partition?
base system setup fails because kernel package can't find
/dev/ida/c0d0p1.
rerunning base setup fails because /usr/bin/awk exists and because
/lib/modules/kernel-blah exists.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx@acm.org>