Re: Lowmem broken on S/390

Adam Thornton wrote:
> Using one of today's svn builds, trying to install S/390 in a low memory
> configuration (32M) fails

How realistic is that? I thought s390 were big iron?

>: control characters that don't make sense to
> the 3270 terminal are spewed across the screen, effectively obscuring
> whatever it's trying to tell me, and the installation appears to hang.
> I don't have time today to debug it and figure out what's actually going
> on, but getting rid of the terminal handling in the S/390 case and
> treating it as a dumb, dumb, dumb serial console for lowmem install
> would probably be a good start in order to see where it's getting stuck.

All that lowmem does is use debconf to ask a question. It may be that
this happens before the s390 terminal is set up properly for debconf to
work or something, but it has to happen before the regular bterm frame
buffer setup on i386.

--
see shy jo