Re: debian-installer beta-4 for ppc

Hi Kevin

As mentioned on my site, please send all questions and bug reports about
the installer to debian-boot@lists.debian.org. Don't mail me in private
mail about that. See below for my answer:

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:23:42AM -0400, Kevin C. Baird wrote:
> I had a little problem with the Beta 4 installer, and thought you might
> want to mention it in your guide.
Currently a new release of debian-installer is in preparation. You might
want to try the daily build from
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/current/

> The ~1Mb boot partition for multi-booting needs to be HFS, not
> Apple_Bootstrap, as might seem logical.
It has to be both. Apple_Bootstrap is the partition type and HFS the
filesystem. yaboot-installer should take care of creating a HFS
Filesystem on your Apple_Bootstrap partition.

> The debian-installer does not offer formatting in HFS (at least my
> version didn't).
Can you please tell us, what exact error it gave you and where (in which
stage of the installation) you saw this error.

> So I had to use a different distribution's install CD to format in HFS,
> reboot with the Debian install CD, and proceed from there.

I never had to do that. If this is still present in the latest daily
build, it's definitely a bug.

Gaudenz