Re: Progress meter unbelievable

Sven Luther wrote:

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 05:30:24PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
I'm network-installing on an HP Vecra by modem.

Since this is my first (successful so far) install using the Jul 29 Sid version, it needed to pull stuff through my modem instead of of my Squid cache.

During most of the time to download the kernel, the progress meter was stuck on 87%.

It is downlaoding stuff in the background.

As my infestigations showed.

If I'd not been caught on this before, I'd probably have reset the computer.

As it was, I got pretty restless and went investigating to check that it was working.

Maybe a good idea would be to add some description of the actual task
happening below, and also the transfer rate, or something such for actual
downloads.

The standard apt-get report would be fine.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait