Progress meter unbelievable

I'm network-installing on an HP Vecra by modem.

Since this is my first (successful so far) install using the Jul 29 Sid version, it needed to pull stuff through my modem instead of of my Squid cache.

During most of the time to download the kernel, the progress meter was stuck on 87%.

If I'd not been caught on this before, I'd probably have reset the computer.

As it was, I got pretty restless and went investigating to check that it was working.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait