release status update

I've submitted what I hope will be the final debian-installer build to the
autobuilders, but it seems that recent dependency breakage in newt will
cause some of the builds to fail. I hope I can ask the autobuilders to
retry, but this will likely delay things for a few days.

At this point it's probably too late to get any changes into udebs in
the initrds, and there are probably only a few days left to make changes
to other udebs. Any changes will be synced to testing on a per-udeb
basis again until we release, so you have to give me a very good reason
to put in a change.

In the meantime, the daily built images (but still the sid_d-i CDs, not
sarge_d-i) are very close to what we will release, so please test them
as much as you can, and update installer/doc/checklist. I'm mailing
everyone in doc/testers.txt to try to get some broader testing. I still
don't know if this release should be called beta5 or rc1, and I think
the best way to decide is to see how well it gets tested and how many
errata-level problems we find.

There is also a DRAFT release announcement in installer/doc. Maybe I
forgot some noteworthy features, please check.

--
see shy jo