Re: cardmgr start message during base install (extra packages)

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Hm, I thougth apt-install already made sure no such daemon is started
> in /target/, but it doesn't seem like it when I check the source now.
>
> I suggest changing it to replace start-stop-daemon with a dummy script
> doing nothing, to make sure no daemon is started in /target/ while d-i
> is running.  debootstrap does this.  An example is available from
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/upgrade-testing/test-upgrade.sh>.

Isn't policy-rc.d a cleaner solution? AFAIK nothing in policy requires
a package to use start-stop-daemon, but it does say that maintainer
scripts [1]should use invoke-rc.d. pcmcia-cs, for example, does not
use start-stop-daemon, although I could change it to do that. Maybe
both techniques should be used since invoke-rc.d is not a strict
requirement yet.

[1] Actually, it says "should" at one place and "may" at another,
together with a "strongly recommended" and a footnote saying that it
will become a "must" in the future. See section 9.3.3 and 9.3.3.2.

--
Pelle