Re: my first impressions of your installer

Hi Peter,

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 04:49:14PM +0100, peter green wrote:
> 2: there was no mention of contrib or non-free.

This is by design.  The sarge installer defaults to not including
contrib or non-free in your sources, unless you run the installer at a
higher verbosity.

> 5: there was no mention of secuirty updates (is this because the secuirty
> updated for sarge aren't aranged yet?)

This is also by design, and is because security updates are used by
default.

> 6: the timezone selection what very american centric like i had to go
> (american menu)-(world menu)-(european menu)

This would indicate that you chose American English as your language.
The timezone selection is not US-centric, it's centered around whatever
country you claim to be in.

Regards,
--
Steve Langasek