Re: Partition type selection with sarge installer

Hello

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2004 19:49 schrieb Anton Zinoviev:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 06:16:55PM +0200, Andreas Janssen wrote:
> > Is there a way to set the partition type in the Sarge installer?
>
> No.  The installer sets automatically the type.
>
> > I tried
> > to install Sarge into a primary partition that was used by FreeBSD
> > before. Formatting it as ext3 and copying the files went well,
>
> Hm, this seams to be a bug.  Probably you didn't make changes in the
> partitions? In this case the installer doesn't write the partition
> table and hence the types of the partitions do not change.

I told the installer to make the changes, and it did create a new ext3
file system on the partition, and the base system was successfully
installed, up to the point where I had to configure the boot loader. I
tried several times, and once or twice I chose "continue without boot
loader", and rebooted Woody. I mounted the file system successfully and
tries to install grub, but grub-install told me that the Sarge
partition was not a suitable place for the boot loader (or something
like that). Only because of that I noticed that the partition type was
wrong. The next time I tried to find a way to change it manually during
installation, but obviuosly the installer is supposed to do it
automatically. Only that in my case it didn't.

best regards
	Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976