Re: partman-efi

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:36:15PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:

>   I'd appreciate if someone more partman knowledgable than I could
> take a look at the patch; if it looks reasonable to such a person,
> I'll be happy to commit these changes and do an upload.

Unfortunately you based your package on partman-palo which is completely
untested.  partman-newworld receives much better support.  You can
remove the README file as it is not correct (both for partman-efi and
partman-palo).  Only the first sentence in it is correct.

The most important difference between partman-efi and partman-newworld
seams to be that partman-efi always creates a fresh FAT16 file system
and partman-newworld never creates hfs file system.

Consider the differences in update.d between partman-palo and
partman-newworld.  I don't know which is more appropriate for you.

There is a big difference in valid_filesystems between partman-efi and
partman-newworld (and in partman-palo there is no such a directory).
I am not sure, but it seams to me that the approach in partman-newworld
for valid_filesystems is right.

I have one question: it seams that EFI partition = FAT16 partition with
bootable flag set.  Does this mean that in principle the users should be
able to create EFI partition without partman-efi?

Anton Zinoviev