Re: d-i dated 2004 07 13 failled to boot on a sparc sunblade 100

Hello Frederik,

[...]
> > Finaly I download the last sarges-netinstall.iso dated of this 2004
> > 07 13 where the kernel (the 2.4.26) panic also because:
> > [...]
> > RAMDISK:Couldn't find valid RAM Disk image starting at 0.
> > Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs.
> >
> > Any idea (boot net?)?
>
> You probably tried the sarge_d-i branch:
> http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/sparc/20040713/sarge-sparc-netinst.iso

There was in fact in: http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/sparc/
 tree :)

> Try instead the sid_d-i branch:
> http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sid_d-i/sparc/20040713/sarge-sparc-netinst.iso
>
> Let us know if it works.
And just launch it but still failled at the same place with same message
(Kernel
panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs.)

umm as said, i am not familiar with d-i (that is a long time that I installed
my woody pc and pre-woody hppa boxes, so I don't remember all details :(
), but I don't understand this message: just after "ENTER" to start the
install a ramdisk is well found and loaded, then during the load of the
kernel,
this one tries again to load (i suppose another) ramdisk which this time
it doesn't find?

The questions are:
a) does it need this second ramdisk?
b) if yes where is it supposed to look for on the cd, in the first ramdisk?

Thanks again for your quick answer,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL LIGHT, 19,95 EUR/mois pendant 6 mois, c'est le moment de faire
le pas!
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr