Install to SATA with ICH5

Hi list,

I know that there are workarounds for this problem but from what I have
read from http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstallerFAQ, question 8, it
should work with the newest installier image.

I tried to install on a Supermicro Barebone Superserver 5013CTB, Intel
Chipset 875P with the daily sarge-i386-netinst.iso image from 2004-07-12.
The installer doesn't find the disks nor the controller. I also tried to
change the bios setting from auto to compatibilty mode. No go.

Knoppix 3.4 finds the ICH5 SATA Controller, even with auto mode. So I
thought this might be of interest.

Kind regards,

Timo