Re: ThinkPad 570 disc not detected

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>:

> Frans Pop wrote:
> > The 20040430 images are pretty old. A lot has happened since then.
>
> I missed the versio number before. The main happening is we've switched
> to the 2.4.26 kernel, so those floppys won't be able to find any kernel
> module udebs for 2.4.25 in the archive, and won't work.

Can I then suggest that the old non-working images be removed from the
FTP site so that other people don't waste time trying them? (And the
installer could detect the kernel version mismatch, if the latest
version doesn't already do so.)

> > Could you please try again using [1]?
> > [1] http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/floppy/
>
> Please do.

I tried it, and the disc was detected this time. I didn't get much
further, however, because my wife told me to "turn that bloody thing
off" because she wanted a lift to work. I'll let you know if there are
any other problems when I continue the process later ...