Re: LVM on Raid (20040704 sarge-i386-netinst.iso)

* Tim Day <timday@bottlenose.demon.co.uk> [2004-07-06 01:05]:
> And dropping back to the partitioner, the raid device just shows a 81GB
> partition (no "lvm"), which when selected has "do not use".

The installer doesn't know that it can make lvm on top of RAID.  You
should have been offered to create a filesystem, though.  If you want
LVM, you've to manually create the LVM on the 2nd virtual console.

> I'm a bit suspicious of that 228.7MB size.

It shows the wrong size, but the RAID itself is ok.  This is a known
bug.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com