Re: Boot floppies, Beta 4 installer ?

David Creelman wrote:
> I've been trying to install Debian using the latest available boot
> floppies. It fails on the partition manager and there seems to be no way
> to recover from the error.

We really need more information than "it fails" to help you.

However, I suggest that you try the daily built floppy images, as the
beta4 ones are old and there is a kernel mismatch between the kernel
used by those floppys and the kernel modules they download from the
archive. You can get the updated floppys here:
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/

> If it is not possible to fix up the boot floppies, is it possible to
> plug in a PCMCIA CDROM and boot up with a floppy that jumps over to
> using a CD ? I don't know if this is possible, just a thought.

Sure, this should be supported by the installer. You'll need to load
both the net-drivers floppy and the cd-drivers floppy to get this to
work, then is should see your pcmcia CD drive.

--
see shy jo