Re: Changing PCMCIA default resource ranges

Joey Hess wrote:
> I've noticed the dell problems as well.

I investigated this because you alerted me about it on IRC :)

> I suppose there's not a way to somehow autodetect these laptops by
> something else and change the resource range only there?

The brand and model of the computer is included in a BIOS structure,
which is read by the kernel to determine some other brokenness's. The
Dell laptops appear to have this structure. I could modify the kernel
to export this information through /proc. Maybe it would be useful for
other purposes too.

--
Pelle